Airline Transport Pilots Licence (ATPL)
Airline Transport Pilot Licenses are only considered for those who have attained at least 1,500 hours as pilot of an aircraft. This therefore means that one must have worked as a Commercial Pilot in order for them to meet qualifications to attain an ATP License.
Requirements to Acquire an Air Transport Pilot’s License
- The minimum age for one to be issued with an Air Transport Pilot License is 21.
- One must demonstrate the ability to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Be in possession of a valid Class 1 Medical certificate
- Be in possession of a valid Commercial Pilot’s License
- Achieve minimum flight time as stipulated in the Civil aviation regulations.
- Pass all stipulated theory examinations